Yoga is good for you. Even the surgeon general has come around to understanding this. In fact our new Surgeon General Vivek Murthy has a daily yoga practice (even ABC News thinks he’s wicked smart* and he does yoga every day). You should consider a daily practice, too.
Take a look at the top ten reasons you need more yoga in your life. Right now. (Buy a ten-class card and save $20 right now).
- Spring is taking its sweet old time getting here. You need to get off the couch and find some sunshine! Find it on the mat.
- Yoga boosts confidence. Take a breath and try a pose you think might be just outside of your range, open your mind, open your heart, you’ll see what we mean. Yoga helps us break down barriers and see through fear to our true nature, which is bliss. The practice brings us to Satchitananda, the conscious awareness of our blissful state. You can do it!
- It’s the best thing to do before meditation. The Sanskrit word asana (the word we use to describe the physical practice of the yoga postures) actually means seat. In the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, asana is defined this way “to be seated in a position that is firm, but relaxed.”
- You need to find your inner light (see number one). With practice you’ll start to understand and appreciate your inner awesome.
- Yoga is the perfect compliment to anything else you are doing. It will improve your performance in: crossfit, running, spinning, skiing, maple sugaring, bicycling, channel surfing, dining…
- Yoga increases flexibility and range of motion.
- It will help you be a better parent/friend/lover/sibling. Yoga teaches us mindfulness and patience. When used regularly, it helps us see the divine in one another and in ourselves.
- Yoga builds community.
- Yoga is fun.
- Class cards are $20 Off this weekend at Evolution All this weekend. Use the promotion code ‘spring’ and take $20 Off!!
There is no better time to get moving. Namaste.
* Read the article here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/meet-vivek-murthy-controversial-surgeon-general/story?id=27612422)