200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Registration Closed for 2021-2022 Program.
See the Green Tuition tab below for more information on costs, payment plans, and VSAC grants.
Evolution’s Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is rooted in functional anatomy, physiology, yoga philosophy, and the science of yoga. This therapeutically oriented training stands apart from standard yoga teacher training programs with specialty topics geared towards working in health and wellness careers. You do not need to be a health or wellness provider to participate in our program. A desire to deepen your practice, explore the science of yoga, and discover the therapeutic applications of these ancient practices would make you a good candidate for our program.
Led by a faculty of healthcare providers and yoga instructors, our goal is for our participants to be able to adapt yoga to the varying needs of their clients in a variety of health and wellness settings. The invaluable benefits of participating in this program include the great potential for personal transformation that can positively impact your day-to-day life. Understanding and honoring the traditions of this ancient practice and how they continue to support us in the modern world are key components of our training.
Registration and Continuing Education Credits
Registration for our 2021-2022 is now closed. This program will be held in person over eight weekends with one Thursday evening live online session per month. Vaccination verification is required to participate in this program. Our YTT offers 100 CE credits that can be used by Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physicians, Physician Assistants, and more to meet state licensure requirements.
- All instruction and classes during the 8 in-person modules and 7 Thursday evening
- Livestream sessions
- Four hours of private mentoring with faculty
- An unlimited yoga pass for the duration of the program
- 10 hours of workshop credits
- Unlimited access to our online video library
Save $300 on Tuition if the application fee and deposit are made by August 31st.
We offer a strong mentorship program with time for students to meet individually with faculty and include time built into the schedule for monthly small-group peer mentorship.
We believe that our students must teach from a place of experience with yogic principles. Over the eight-month program, you will be guided through a daily sadhana to build the skills that are required to deeply understand yogic techniques and philosophy.
The Yoga Teacher Training course at Evolution PT and Yoga was an excellent learning experience both professionally and emotionally. It was a very in-depth course well balanced with anatomy and physiology, evidence-based research, yoga philosophy, and physical practice as well as the business aspect of teaching yoga in your community. There was a strong emphasis on how to build a safe and effective sequence/class for many different populations utilizing props, clear verbal assists, and hands-on assists. As a Physical Therapist, I have been able to apply this training with great effects and benefits for my patients. I cannot recommend this course enough on so many levels.
-PT – Physical Therapist
Train with a Faculty of Health and Wellness Professionals
Evolution’s Yoga Teacher Training Faculty combines their professional training as healthcare providers with a depth of experience as yoga practitioners. Many of our faculty have been practicing yoga and teaching for 15-25 years. Our instructors draw from a broad range of disciplines including mental health, physical therapy, massage therapy, doula, and childbirth education to provide a unique perspective on integrating yoga into a variety of health and wellness settings.
Develop the skills
This program was incredible and having this anchor throughout the pandemic was invaluable! Thank you so much for your guidance, dedication, intention, and support! I have so much gratitude and am so looking forward to continuing along my yoga teacher path!
JO – Physician Assistant
Meet Our 2021-2022 Faculty
2020-2021 Adjunct and Guest Faculty
Evolution’s 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is designed to educate health and wellness professionals, or those studying, or interested in working in a health and wellness field. Through this program, students will learn the art and science of teaching yoga, in order to be able to facilitate private, small group, and community yoga sessions. This therapeutically oriented training is rooted in ancient and modern practices of yoga, that integrates mind, body, and spirit.
We invite students and professionals in the physical and mental health and wellness fields or anyone interested in a therapeutically oriented program to dive into this unique 200-hour Teacher Training. Learn from experienced yoga instructors, who are also Physical Therapists, Mental Healthcare Providers, Massage Therapists, and a Doula. Trainees will study yoga philosophy and ethics, anatomy and physiology, yoga techniques, and teaching methodology through experiential and classroom-based learning. A daily sadhana, small group and individual mentorship is a key component of the program design to help students deepen their personal practice and develop their own teaching style. Participants will complete this training with the competence to integrate yoga practices into a diverse range of settings.
The program tuition includes:
- All instruction over the eight-weekend modules (Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon) and once per month Thurs. evening class
- 5 Free Workshops
- Four Individual mentor meetings with teaching faculty
- An unlimited yoga pass – 20 classes must be taken with senior faculty over the course of the training to fulfull program requirements
- Access to our online video library of yoga and fitness classes
- Evolution Yoga Teacher Training Course Manual PDF
- A 20% discount on Evolution Yoga Workshops and Series
This YTT has helped me grow in ways that I did not expect–personally and spiritually. I am continually working towards opening, challenging myself, and leaning into the squeamish areas of vulnerability. Evolution provided a solid and well-rounded teacher training from a large group of experienced professionals. Nearly nine months after the program, I am still in awe of the process and the capacity for compassion in this journey. -SF – Medical Office Manager
This was another awesome weekend. Every single class and presentation was excellent. Each teacher had such great quality information to share and presented it beautifully. Thanks so much for providing such an excellent Yoga TT. – SM – Acupuncturist
This program was life-changing. I’m so grateful for everything I learned and the connections I made with others and myself. – KD – Massage Therapist
This training has changed my path in a beautiful way. Thank you for the fullness of this experience and so much attention to detail. I am so grateful. – JO – Massage Therapist
Join Our Next Free Info Session with YTT Faculty
Learn more about our program and have your questions answered at our next online free info session with Rachel de Simone DPT, Janet Carscadden DPT and Kate Floyd RYT 500 on Tues August 17th 5:45 – 6:45 pm in person at the studio or onlineClick here to register for the info session and receive your zoom link. If you wish to receive more information about the upcoming program, please email email@example.com and one of our lead trainers will reach out to meet with you online or by phone.
Participants in Evolution’s Yoga Teacher training will:
- Gain an understanding of ancient and modern yoga philosophy and styles of practice
- Develop strong knowledge in functional and experiential anatomy & physiology
- Hone effective communication skills applicable to teaching private, small group, and community yoga classes
- Teach asana, pranayama, and meditation safely
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and modify yoga practices for diverse populations
- Explore evidence-based research of therapeutic benefits of yoga
- Develop and deepen a personal yoga practice that supports teaching
Program Speciality Topics
Evolution School of Yoga’s Teacher Training is unique in that we offer specialty topics reflective of client populations served by health and wellness providers. Each section is led by faculty members who are experienced yoga instructors and work in a variety of healthcare and wellness settings. Our core program content includes Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga Philosophy, The History of Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, Practice, Principles of Teaching Yoga, Sequencing, and Theming.
Program Specialty Topics
- The Science of Yoga
- Injury Prevention in Yoga
- Adaptive Yoga
- Chair Yoga
- Trauma-informed Yoga
- Diversity and Inclusivity in Yoga
- Yoga Nidra & Systematic Relaxation
- Yoga for Depression & Anxiety
- Yoga for the Pelvic Floor
- Yoga for Reducing Burnout in Health and Wellness Professions
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Prenatal & Postpartum Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga – The Neuroscience of Chanting
- Leading Private Yoga Sessions
Program Dates 2020-2021
Evolution School of Yoga’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is divided into eight-weekend modules that run Friday afternoon through Sunday and one Thursday per month.
Module 1: October 1-3 2021 & October 21
Module 2: November 5-7 2021 & November 18
Module 3: December 3-5 2021 & December 16
Module 4: January 14-16 2022 & January 20
Module 5: February 4-6 2022 & February 17
Module 6: March 4-6 2022 & March 17
Module 7: April 1-3 2022 & April 14
Module 8: May 13-15 2022
Module 1 – Foundations I – Welcome the Beginner Mind
Module 2 – Foundations II – Build Stability and Consistency
Module 3 – Foundations II – Discover Your Voice
Module 4 – Energetics & The Subtle Body
Module 5 – Adapting Yoga to Your Students I: Serve with Love
Module 6 – Living Yoga
Module 7 – Adapting Yoga to Your Students II: Presence and Possibility
Module 8 – Weaving it Together
Sample Online Monthly Schedule:
One Weekend per month
Fridays 6:00 – 9:00 pm –
Saturdays 7:30 am – 9:30 am 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, 2:30 – 6:00 pm
Sundays 8:45 am – 12:30 pm, 2:00 -6 pm
One Thursday per month online, 7-9 pm.
Dates: Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 16, Jan 20, Feb 17, March 17, April 14
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm: Workshop, includes practice, interactive lecture, group work, practical applications.
- 7:45 – 8:45 am Practice
- 8:45 -9:30 Breakfast
- 9:30 – 10:30 Small Group Mentorship
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Workshop
- 12:30 – 2:30 pm Lunch
- 2:30 – 6 pm Workshop
- 8:45 – 10 am Practice
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Workshop
- Lunch 12:30 – 2 pm
- 2 – 4:15 pm Workshop
- 4:30 – 6 pm Flow and Restore Class
Please note: 10-15 minute breaks will be integrated into any session over 90 minutes. 90 minute – 2 hour-long lunch. An effort is made to schedule Yoga Nidra, restorative, relaxation, or kirtan on Saturday evenings. Each module finishes with a 90-minute Flow and Restore class.
7-9 pm – Workshop, includes practice, interactive lecture, group work, practical applications.
Homework in between modules includes daily sadhana, pre-recorded lectures, attending drop-in yoga classes (20 per program), and attending 5 workshops of your choice over 8 months.
Prerequisites & Required Texts
- Minimum 1-year consistent yoga practice or completion of at least one Yoga for Life module.
- Experience with the eight-limbed path of yoga (our Yoga for Life Program will help to fulfill this requirement)
- Complete the online Anatomy for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training course with Yoganatomy.com (cost is $55 plus the text) Click here for more information on the yaganatomy.com training.
- Commitment to the training in its entirety.
- Due to the hands on nature of this course and the safety of staff and other participants students must be fully vaccinated to participate in this training. If you have a medical or religious exemption to this policy, masking, social distancing and testing may be required to participate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are seeking an exemption.
- The Yoga Sutras – Kofi Busia translation – provided by course instructors
- The Yoga Sutras – bring your favorite copy of the translation – we will discuss options at our first weekend.
- The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaren translation
- Skill in Action by Michelle Cassandra Johnson
- America’s Racial Karma: An Invitation to Heal by Dr. Larry Ward
- Science of Yoga: Understand the Anatomy and Physiology to Perfect Your Practice by Ann Swanson
- Recommended companion to the online anatomy course: Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
Upon notification of acceptance into the program, payment of a $400 deposit is required to secure your spot in the course. Your application fee and the deposit will be applied to your tuition balance.
Early Bird Tuition Rate – $2900 *Save $300 if application fee and deposit is received by August 31, 2021
Student Rate – $2200 for students currently enrolled in an academic institution and pay the application fee and deposit by August 31, 2021. Please note that many students may qualify for VSAC Advancement grants that will cover up to $3000 of the program costs including books. Grant applications open June 1st. Apply now to see if you qualify for a full or partial grant to pay for the program.
Scholarship – Scholarships are available for this training. Please email email@example.com if you would like information on our scholarship program.
All tuition rates include the $100 application fee and $400 registration deposit. Tuition balances may be paid in full upfront or divided into four to eight monthly EFT payments via a debit or credit card. See below for payment options.
- Four Individual 60 minute mentorship sessions with teaching faculty
- Unlimited Yoga Pass for use during the program
- 20% discount on Evolution Yoga workshops and series
- Yoga mat storage
Please note that tuition does not include the Yoganatomy.com prerequisite course, or recommended books for the program.
We accept VSAC non-degree grants! Details can be found on VSAC’s website. Create an account and apply here. Registration and deposit are required to hold your space in the program even if a grant is awarded.
A full refund, minus the application fee and registration deposit, can be granted up to two months prior to the program start date. A 50% refund of the tuition can be granted up to one month prior to the program start date. No refunds will be granted after one month prior to the program start date.