Evolution Physical Therapy offers treatment for orthopedic injuries including but not limited to:
- Mechanical diagnosis and treatment of back pain, disc injuries, pelvic instability, neck pain and headaches
- Treatment of muscle and joint injuries (hips, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles & feet)
- Pelvic floor therapy including internal evaluations, biofeedback, manual therapy, dysparunia, sexual dysfunction, post partum pelvic pain, back pain, hip pain, incontinence and diastasis recti
- Treatment of running injuries
- Custom yoga therapy programs to reduce pain, stress, improve function and well being
- Biofeedback for whiplash, shoulder pain, neck pain and headaches
- Mechanical treatment for pre and post-natal back pain
- Yoga For a Healthy Back Class
- Belly after Baby Workshop
- Core stabilization programs
- Rehabilitation after surgery
Yoga is an ancient practice that can be used for healing the body. Our licensed physical therapists are also certified yoga instructors. Alison Aiken PT, Andrea Trombley PT and Janet Carscadden PT offer custom yoga therapy programs to heal your muscle or joint pain. A yoga therapy session integrates eastern practices such as breath work, meditation, alignment-based therapeutic yoga sequences, and guided relaxation with a western medicine understanding of anatomy, pathology and evidence based treatment practices. Each therapy session begins with an hour long consultation which includes evaluation of your injury, explanation of the therapy diagnosis and treatment plan. During a 45-60 minute treatment session a home yoga program will be developed to address your injury and heal your body. Treatments may include manual therapy to release joint or muscle restrictions to movement, targeted yoga-based stretching to reduce muscle imbalances, breath work, meditation and guided relaxation to improve muscle function and sleeping patterns. When integrated into a physical therapy program, yoga therapy is covered by insurance.
We offer early and late appointments and take most major insurance plans (Blue Cross Blue Shield, Great West, Cigna, MVP, FAHC Apex, CHP (UVM student Insurance), and medicare). If we are not a network provider for your plan, therapy may still be covered by insurance. Check to see if you have an out of network benefit on your plan. Please call our office at 802-864-9642 to find out if your plan covers physical therapy.
This six week program is designed for people with low back pain who wish to return to yoga practice or explore yoga as a method of managing their back pain. The class is taught by Alison Aiken PT and Janet Carscadden PT, licensed physical therapists and certified yoga instructors, who specialize in the treatment of low back pain. Students will learn basic lumbar spine anatomy, yoga principles and modification of poses for their diagnosis. Classes will consist of development of a yoga routine that includes, breathing exercises, stretches, core strengthening, flowing poses and relaxation exercises. Pre-registration is required. The series costs $120. Enrollment will be limited to 8 participants. Click here to register online